Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Baby Room

So sometimes I like to be crafty, but only if I want to be, not if I feel any pressure to. Yuck, I don't like feeling like I should do things, its maybe equivalent to the feeling some of you might get if someone says the (whisper voice) F word.  So for a while, I didn't really feel like decorating the baby's room.  Then I did feel like decorating, but didn't want to do it alone or didn't have time, blah blah.  Lets just say it was a journey.  Where that brings us to is a few months ago when I had some dreams of what I wanted in the room. A few times it I felt like there were a million and ten reasons why those dreams weren't important or I started to loose hope that they would ever happen.  I was able to sit in the messiness of those demands and longings and it has been neat to see them come to life the past few weekends.

My color inspiration came from the starting grounds of a burnt red bed spread that I had previously.  Then came a rug and accent pillows from Target.  I'm not so much into the whole "girl=pink" theme, so I veered off that path rather quickly.



Pillow Throw

Pillow Throw
Rug



The other project has been a circle project.  In february I asked my dad and Rand to cut out circles of varying diameters.  I picked out maybe 7 and found a neat printed fabric. The 8 or so other circles are like a light gray.  The plan is for them to be mounted on the wall above the Mini Crib we are still on the hunt for.  In the center of the circles will be her name in silver-wire.  Rand made it on Saturday, but it's unveiling will happen when we bring her home!

On the opposite wall are three panels.  The two on the ends are pegboard that are painted that light gray color and in the middle is the chalkboard.  I found a bunch of random picture frames, shelves, and knick nacks to hang and will be putting those up soon as well.





Mobile I woke up on Sunday and decided I wanted to make.


Its starting to come together.  We are on the hunt for a glider and a mini-crib.  It's fun to dream and offer that heart to the Lord.  He really does want to hear.  And he really does love to give.


3 comments:

  1. AHHHH JESSSS! I can't wait for pictures!! Though only post them when you WANT to. ;) You unique heart and personality really comes through your writing...which is why I love it...because it's you. I learn from you and how you are real with yourself and God, too...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this part of your life with people. It's fun to read and easy to relate to... I'm sure the room will look amazing, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures Jess!! It's good to see them and feel kind of a part of it. I miss you and I wish I could be there with you:) So much love to you and Rand.

    ReplyDelete