Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Month 6: Baby Seay

Little did I know until jumping into the literature of week 21 of pregnancy that this begins month 6 of pregnancy! Based on advice from my only other close friend who has delivered, I doubt the reality of a baby will set in until right before she is coming out of my body. But there are a few things I am excited about:

  1. WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL, unless little baby Seay decided not to expose some of their  gear ;)
  2. A little feminine soul to be entrusted with
  3. A husband who is going to cuddle her, love her, and treasure her to death
  4. That she likes to move around a lot and that I feel her kick about 4-5 times a day
  5. To find a little sparkly, fluffy tutu
  6. The flower clips and headbands I purchased
  7. All the fun little outfits, including the recent additions from Grandma Laureen, Hailey, and Nora, including a pink and gray striped dress, little fur sweater, and some trendy onesies
  8. To have freedom to be creative in my inspiration for her bedroom 

A few things that are not so fun:

  1. My back has been really hurting when I am sleeping and wake up
  2. I often feel as though my dinner is resting in the middle of my esophagus 

At our week 18 prenatal visit we had our first ultrasound. Three things you never really know about these visits outside of knowing you can find out if you are having a baby boy or a girl. First, you have to drink an uncomfortable 32 oz of water. And yes, you do feel like you are going to pee your pants. Secondly, while you are feeling as though you are going to pee your pants, the technician pushes on your bladder, making you feel as though you indefinitely will wet yourself. Thirdly, you really can't make out much of what you see on the screen and even if you can the angle you have of the screen while lying down is extremely limited.

With all that being said and my expectations of what this appointment was to look like starting to unfold, I discovered not being incredibly found of jaded male technician conducting the ultrasound. After sitting through the uncomfortableness of all that pressure on my belly, he did let me know that I could use the restroom, as my bladder was too large too make out much. Upon returning, he made it VERY clear that they are not able to know if you are having a boy or a girl because of blah blah blah. Being an individual who wears her emotions on her sleeve, I'm sure you can tell even in my writing that I was not too thrilled about this. I think I was expecting a more excited, warm individual to be the bearer of this news.

Rand did a good job of letting me release my steam ( Based on my ability to dramify things, I have a feeling that his recollection and version of this event may differ). And after discussion with our doctor he told us that  in ultrasound technician terms, that he is pretty certain we are having a little girl, relieving much of my frustration.

We have enjoyed narrowing down our list of names and have our backup set in case we are surprised.  It's still really crazy to think a little feminine heart that we made is growing inside me.

Baby Seay 
Week 21; Month 6

SO excited for these :)


No comments:

Post a Comment