One thing that I have realized and had to confess is this desire to be the only one that can soothe her, comfort her, or that she needs. This can play out when we're with family and friends and I don't like that its there. I would love to find freedom here. So I've been sharing that messiness with Jesus because I know that I can't fix the brokeness of my heart there. And he tells me to trust that even in my mess there I am okay, I AM enough, and I am loved by him there. Praise Jesus for that freedom!
On that note, Here are some of the latest things I love and have noticed about Eloise:
- When she is really hungry her eyes get really big and she does this panicky shaking back and forth of her mouth, I have a hard time not laughing at her.
- Pacifiers. She loves them. I'm glad we have another way to soothe her. I recently bought some more "stylish" ones for when we "go out"ha. We have one set out at almost every spot in the house, along with a burp blanket. Those are two things I do not like to be without otherwise it can get CRA-CY up in here.
- We had our first birthday party celebration. Her and daddy got me a target gift card and subscription to the Grand Forks Herald so I can reengage in what is happening in the big world.
- Walks. We have been getting mobile. I may have mentioned this before, but I love pushing the stroller. It elevates my mom status. We have taken to the greenway and Ellie seems to love them. She pretty much sleeps the whole time despite the bumps and weather.
- We had our first trip to Target. Intimidating at first because who actually knows how to fit a car seat into those carts? With the help of Rand we figured this out. Many more of those trips to come.
- She really loves to stare at this spot on the wall when we are sitting in the glider. Rand and I are confused and just laugh because there is literally nothing on the spot she stares at. It is just white!
- She is making more noises. Grunts, sighs, and noises that could possibly maybe be giggles!
- After a not so fun first bath experience, Rand and I figured out how to double team getting her clean. She did manage to poop in the tub, though. Eh-- no solution for this yet.
- She met Uncle Bryn for the first time on Wednesday and he was bearing gifts. He had bought her a few very cute and fashionable outfits.